A grilled cheese sandwich is a simple quick snack or meal replacement. However, with a simple additions, it can become a much more zesty meal.
- 2 slices of bread (I prefer wheat)
- 2 slices of American cheese
- 2 tbsp of pasta sauce or salsa
- Diced bellpepper
- Several sliced olives
- Grill the inner surfaces of the bread slices, where you will eventually put the cheese. Use a frying pan with stove set at half max.
- Wait til the inner surfaces are crisp and lightly brown, then flip the slices and put the stove on quarter max heat.
- Lightly spread one tablespoon of pasta sauce (or salsa) on each side.
- Place one slice of cheese on top of the sauce.
- Place the diced bellpepper and several olives on one side.
- Flip the other side on top of the side with the olives and bellpeppers after the cheese has slightly melted.
- Grill both sides until lightly brown. Then, place on a plate and turn off the stove.
So, a straightforward grilled cheese sandwich, but with a few extra steps, it is now a more flavorful experience. Enjoy!