This is another simple sabzi to make, similar to the tiranga sabzi described in a previous post.
Ingredients (Serves 4):
- 2 cups of cut green beans ( about 1/2 to 3/4 " length)
- 1 red potato cut into 1/2" cubes
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1/4 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/8 tsp asafoetida ( hing )
- 1/2 tsp subrus masala ( spice mix - see prior post for details )
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 5 stems of cilantro leaves and stems cut separately ( optional )
- In a non-stick pan, put oil and start heating.
- Put 1-2 cumin grains to check oil temperature.
- When oil is hot add cumin seeds, then asafoetida, subrus masala, and potato.
- Stir well to cover potato pieces.
- Add beans, salt and mix well. Add 2 tbsp water, and cover while on stove to steam.
- After 10 minutes reduce heat, add cilantro stems.
- Add 1 tbsp water if needed, cover, continue heating for 5 minutes
- Check if potato and beans are cooked by mushing with spoon a piece of potato and bean. Cover and heat for 5 more min if needed. Garnish with Cilantro leaves.
|After adding potatoes|
|After cooking 10 minutes|
|The finished sabzi|