Ingredients (Serves 2):
- 4 cups of kale, thinly sliced
- 1 apple (I went with Gala), diced to 1/4"
- 10 almonds, chopped
- 10-20 raisins
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 5 tbsp olive oil (EVOO)
- Pinch of salt
|Ingredients before prep|
|Ingredients after prep|
- Prep the ingredients as above
If you notice the knife in the photo above, it is a Victorinox 8" Fibrox Pro Chef's Knife. I am not much of a cook, but I bought it because of the rave reviews, and it has lived up to the reputation! Especially when paired with the NYTimes Basic Knife Skills guide.
- Place the kale, apple, almonds, and raisins in a salad spinner
- Stir the salt, lemon juice, and olive oil until it is homogenous
- Add the dressing to the spinner and push push push!
|The finished product: Kale Salad with Apples|